“Let us be renewed by God's mercy ... and let us become agents of this mercy, channels through which God can water the earth, protect all creation and make justice and peace flourish.”
― Pope Francis
Pax Christi Care for Creation Team
We will organize, educate and advocate our community about our Creators plan to protect our
brothers and sisters as well as our planet. This challenge has a moral and ethical dimension
that can no longer be ignored.
We will promote our community on Caring for Creation with the use of the Laudato Si’ 7 step
platform. “This platform is designed to teach us a new way of living, one that is good, true and
beautiful.” LS 205
Our team meets virtually the 3rd Monday of each month at 7:00pm. Hopefully soon we will be
able to meet in person!
If you would like to know more about the group, contact Joan Howe-Pullis at 952-405-7247 or
- To get the message out that the Care for Creation is a gospel issue. It says, Love God, Love your neighbor and Love the world. Care for God’s creation is one of the seven principles of Catholic Social teachings.
- With the help of the encyclical, Laudato Si’ Care for our Common Home, increase our knowledge of paying closer attention to our moral and faith practices that are related to environmental issues. A better understanding about the choices we make affecting others.
- To encourage individuals to embrace sustainable living practices.
- To provide for everyone an environment where each of us enjoy the same degree of protection from environmental hazards such as access to healthy foods, inadequate transportation, air and water pollution.
- Monthly meetings
- Pax Christi Solar Panels
- Energy efficient HVAC system for our church building
- LED lighting throughout the building
- Pax Christi's Recycling and Organics programs
- Advocacy work
- Speakers on Caring for Creation
- Arbor Day/Earth Day Events
- Gardening opportunities
- Buckthorn Removal at Pax Christi
- Restoration Projects
- Native Garden project in the works
- Outreach with Girl scouts and Boy scouts
- Building Bluebird and Bat Houses with the community
What is Laudato Si' - Care of Our Common Home?
It is an appeal from Pope Francis to everyone on the planet to have an inclusive dialogue about
the shaping of the future of our planet. He is asking the church and the world to join him in
finding a new path for the future.
The 7 Areas Include:
- Response to the Cry of the Earth
- Response to the Cry of the Poor
- Ecological Economics
- Adoption of Simple lifestyles
- Ecological Education
- Ecological Spirituality
- Community Engagement
We’re All Part of God’s Plan(et) is a
national Laudato Si’ awareness and engagement campaign for U.S.
Catholics to care for creation and participate in the Vatican’s Laudato Si’ Action Platform. Learn
what the Church is doing in these seven sectors and how you can be a
part of God’s plan, since we are all part of God’s planet.
Click Here to Learn More