12100 Pioneer Trail
Eden Prairie, MN 55347
PARISH OFFICE HOURS:
Monday - 8:00am-4:30pm
Tuesday - 8:00am-4:30pm
Wednesday - 8:00am-4:30pm
Thursday - 8:00am-4:30pm
Friday - 8:00am-12:00pm
Saturday - 8:00am-12:30pm
Sunday - Closed
I'M NEW HERE - NEW MEMBER INFO
LAY LEADERSHIP - MINISTRY COUNCILS
MISSION, VISION, VALUE STATEMENTS
PAX CHRISTI HISTORY
CARE AND SUPPORT MINISTRY
12-STEP SUPPORT GROUPS
ANOINTING OF THE SICK
CHARITY AND SERVICE
COMPASSIONATE CARE LISTENING CIRCLE
MINISTRY TO CARE CENTERS/HOME BOUND/HOSPITALS
PAX PETS MINISTRY
SENIOR MINISTRY - BOOMERS!
SEPARATED AND DIVORCED
CARE AND SUPPORT COUNCIL
WHAT IS FAITH FORMATION?
CATHOLIC SCHOOL DIRECTORY
SUNDAY EVENING MEALS
FAITH FORMATION COUNCIL
ANOINTING OF THE SICK
CLICK HERE to view all serving opportunities
BOY SCOUT TROOP 370
CUB SCOUT PACK 348
FEATURED ART EXHIBIT
MOMS AND KIDS OPEN GYM
PARISHIONERS' ART EXHIBIT
RELAY FOR LIFE
SENIOR MINISTRY - BOOMERS!
VACATION BIBLE CAMP
VENTURE CREW 370
MAKE A DONATION
YEAR END FINANCIAL REPORT
ROMAN CATHOLIC HOLY DAYS
LITURGICAL MINISTER SCHEDULE
The 2018-19 Confirmation Orientation was held on Wednesday, September 5 at 7:00pm in the Main Worship Space. If you were unable to attend, never fear! CLICK HERE for a video version.
While our main Confirmation preparation process happens the year a youth is confirmed (typically 10th, 11th, or 12th grade), youth will also be expected to participate in our Faith Formation program (Faith Interest Connectors) during the year before being confirmed. For example, if a youth is planning to be confirmed in 10th grade, then they will need to be an active part of our FIC program during both the fall and spring seasons of their 9th grade year as well.
Confirmation Candidates will:
September 5 (Wed) -- Confirmation orientation (7pm in the Main Worship Space)
Sept 16 (Sun) or 19 (Wed) -- First Faith Interest Connector faith formation session (John XXIII Room – formerly the Garden Level)
October 1 (Mon) -- Information form and essay due
October 12-13 (Fri-Sat) -- Retreat option #1
November 9-10 (Fri-Sat) -- Retreat option #2
December 7-8 (Fri-Sat) -- Retreat option #3
Jan 6 (Sun) or 9 (Wed) -- First spring small group session
April 24 (Wed) -- Rehearsal with sponsor (7:30pm in the Main Worship Space)
April 28 (Sun) -- Rite of Sending (during 5pm Mass at Pax Christi)
April 29 (Mon) -- Celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation (7pm at the Basilica of Saint Mary, Minneapolis)
1. Know the requirements. Confirmation is a sacrament of initiation and can only be administered to individuals who have received Christian baptism. Evidence of the baptism must be provided in the form of a baptismal certificate in accordance with canon law. All Catholic parishes are required to keep record of baptisms. An original of the baptismal certificate must be submitted within six months of Confirmation. Photocopies or scans of baptismal certificates will not be accepted. The original copy of the certificate must be sent from the parish of baptism and include the signature of the current pastor and the seal of the parish. If the baptismal certificate requirement is not met, we are unable to allow you to be confirmed.
2. Contact the parish of baptism. Contact the parish where the baptism took place and request that the copy be sent to you or directly to Pax Christi, ATTN: Jessie Johnson. If the parish of baptism no longer exists (it was closed, or merged with another parish) the sacramental records still exist, they just need to be tracked down. Contact the diocese where the parish was and ask for the needed information to find the sacramental records.
3. Send the baptismal certificate to Pax Christi. Once you have requested the baptismal certificate, mail it or drop it off to Pax Christi, ATTN: Jessie Johnson (12100 Pioneer Trail, Eden Prairie, MN 55347).
4. Confirm receipt of the certificate. Check the Confirmation Checklist to see if your certificate has been received. If it has not been received by Pax Christi within two weeks of requesting it, contact the parish of baptism.
Sponsors play a special role in the journey of a Confirmation candidate. Their relationship to the candidate is very similar to that of a godparent at baptism. They must be a practicing Catholic over the age of 18, and they may not be a parent of the candidate. If there's no one in your life who fits the bill, don't worry! We've got several folks here at Pax Christi who would love to walk with you as your sponsor. Contact Jessie Johnson for more information.
The sponsor's ultimate responsibility is to make sure the candidate is prepared to receive the sacrament of Confirmation. Sponsors and candidates are encouraged to remain in regular conversation during the preparation process, whether on the phone or face-to-face to talk through matters of faith and life. We will provide sponsors and candidates with conversation suggestions, as well as an optional book to read together. Sponsors attend the Confirmation Rehearsal at 7:30pm on Wednesday, April 24; the Rite of Sending on Sunday, April 28 at 5:00pm; and the Celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation on Monday, April 29 at 7:00pm.
• Small group leader. Facilitate discussion and activities with a group of 6-8 candidates. Training is provided.
• Kitchen help. Take care of food/kitchen needs throughout the retreat. Previous experience in the Pax Christi kitchen helps!
• Consistent Adult Presence (CAP) Team/chaperone. Be a warm, hospitable presence to candidates, and assist as needed.
This Confirmation page will be updated throughout the year. Watch for more information on small groups, online learning, and retreats in the near future. Please contact Jessie Johnson (952-405-7210 or firstname.lastname@example.org), with questions.
Your browser does not support iframes.